Heinz is celebrating the 50th anniversary of its “Beanz Meanz Heinz” campaign with a pop-up bar in Selfridges until 23 April, where you can try dishes such as Beanz with crispy bacon and Beanz with scrambled egg.
Also, in honour of the creator of the famous slogan, Heinz has produced a selection of limited edition cans personally signed by Maurice Drake, the copywriter who came up with the slogan back in 1967.
Beanz Meanz Heinz voted top slogan of all time
Beanz Meanz Heinz recently came first in the poll by Creative Review magazine.
Now retired, Maurice Drake, who devised the slogan, told the magazine that a lunch of beer and sandwiches in a pub in Victoria helped fuel the ‘eureka moment’.
Second place slogan was awarded to Nike’s ‘Just Do It,’ still used by the company 25 years after it was dreamt up, while third place went to Ronseal’s ‘Does Exactly What it Says On the Tin.’
THE TOP 20 SLOGANS
Here is Creative Review’s selection of the best slogans of all time.
- Beanz Meanz Heinz – Heinz 
- Just Do It – Nike 
- Does Exactly What It Says On the tin – Ronseal 
- Make Love Not War – various 
- Every Little Helps – Tesco 
- Have a Break. Have a Kit Kat – Kit Kat 
- Vorsprung Durch Technik – Audi 
- Think Different – Apple 
- It is. Are You? – The Independent 
- It’s Finger Lickin’ Good – KFC [1950s]
- Say It With Flowers – FTD 
- Keep Calm and Carry On – HM Gov 
- It’s The Real Thing – Coca-Cola 
- You Either Love It Or Hate It – Marmite 
- Because I’m Worth It – L’Oreal 
- Snap! Crackle! Pop!- Kellogg’s 
- Never Knowingly Undersold – John Lewis 
- Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite – France 
- Refreshes the Parts Other Beers Cannot Reach – Heineken 
- No One Likes Us, We Don’t Care – Millwall FC [1970s]